Glen Park Gospel Church >> Church >> Who Are We
The Glen Park Gospel Church is an independent community Church aligned with the FECA (Fellowship of Evangelical Churches of Australia). We are a close knit group of folk from the Eltham and surrounding area with an interest in missions, evangelism, and care of the community.
Statement Of Faith
The Glen Park Gospel Church believes that there is only one God and that Jesus Christ is the only true saviour.
Since the mid 1920's the then Glen Park Gospel Mission has sought to provide pastoral care and to present the Christian Gospel to those who live in the Eltham area. This was originally enabled by way of a Sunday School and is now continued by regular Church services, various other public gatherings, and a steady flow of visiting speakers to the fellowship. The Church has also maintained a support ministry for many Missionaries and Mission societies.
Our objectives are three-fold:
- To proclaim the Gospel of Christ in accordance with Matthew 28:19,20.
- To build up the people of God in the faith and to stimulate and encourage a spirit of Christian love and holiness in accordance with Colossians 3:15,16.
- To be practical and prayerful in support of evangelical faith missions.
Our doctrinal beliefs are seven-fold:
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the scripture of the Old and New Testaments.
- The existence of one God in three persons being the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, vicarious death, and bodily resurrection, His present majesty, and future return in glory.
- The sinful and lost condition of all mankind.
- The justification of the sinner by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ alone.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration and purification of believers before God.
- The eternal life of the faithful and the eternal banishment of all without faith in Jesus Christ.
Home || Back || Who
Are We || Location || Services
|| Events || Outreach
|| Involvement || Guests
|| Links || Contacts
Church Info || Editorial || History || Easter || Bible Studies || Missions || Archive || Site Map || Privacy